THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE KINGDOM
By: Lucinda Evans
1. The Kingdom is a PRESENT REALITY….NOW….for us TODAY.( Luke 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you).
2. The Kingdom is NOT FLESHLY; not based on natural senses. (John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence). Nothing changes because of what we see or hear.
3. The Kingdom comes NOT WITH OBSERVATION. (Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation). Observation means to see with the natural eye or to appear in a visible manner.
4. The Kingdom can only be entered by BIRTH (John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God).
5. The Kingdom is AT HAND; that is, it is WITHIN YOUR REACH. (Mark 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel).
6. The Kingdom is in the HOLY GHOST and is marked by RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE, AND JOY (Rom. 14:17). It is the ABUNDANT LIFE of John 10:10.
7. The Kingdom of God takes PRIORITY. (Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you).
8. The Kingdom is a GIFT; that is; it is ministered to us abundantly through the mercy, love, and grace of God. (Luke 12:31-32 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom) and (Peter II 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ).
9. The Kingdom is marked by VIOLENCE. (Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force, and Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it). Although the grace of God offers us the Kingdom, we must conquer with a violent faith and confession. (Rev. 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death).
10. The Kingdom DEMANDS PERSERVERENCE. (Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God).
11. The Kingdom is marked by POWER. (Corinthians I 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power). Greek word is "DUNAMIS" which refers to might, ability, and strength of the Lord.
12. The Kingdom is SUPERNATURAL (ABOVE and beyond the natural…the strength and wisdom of man…the ability and the intellect of man). (Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen; and Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth). This is a SUPERNATURAL gospel to be ministered by a SUPERNATURAL PEOPLE.
13. The Kingdom involves PERSECUTION, TRIBULATION, and AFFLICTION. (Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God; and John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world). But the saints of God realize that the are OVERCOMERS. (1John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith).
14. This Kingdom is STABLE and CANNOT BE MOVED. (Hebrews 12:26-29 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire; and Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God). Everything but this kingdom is FALLING NOW.
15. This Kingdom is an EVERLASTING KINGDOM. (2Peter 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ).
16. This Kingdom is WITHOUT LIMITATION. (Luke 1:31-33 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end).
17. This Kingdom is to be TAKEN TO THE WHOLE EARTH. (Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature; and Matt. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come).
18. The Kingdom is WITHIN you (Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you).
a. The Kingdom is WITHIN you and every kingdom has a king!
b. Christ (Anointed One) is IN YOU (Col. 1:26-29). There is an "anointed one" in you!
c. There were THREE kinds of people anointed in O.T. scripture:
PROPHETS (1Kings 19:16) - to declare God unto men
PRIESTS (Ex. 40:13-15) - to bring men unto God
KINGS (1Sam. 16:13) - to rule with authority
d. By principle there is in every son of God a prophet, priest, and king. All are not prophets as far as the prophetic office is concerned, but the anointed one within you speaks! God has made us kings and priest unto Him.
e. The kingdom of God is RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE, and JOY in the Holy Ghost and the Holy Ghost is IN YOU! When the Holy Ghost came into us, He brought:
A prophet, priest, and king
Righteousness, peace, and joy
He brought the KING, even the Spirit of the Son to rule (Gal. 4:6)
Note the following:
THE CHRIST (Anointed One) PRODUCES the KINGDOM
The PROPHET produces RIGHTEOUSNESS
The PRIEST produces PEACE
The KING produces JOY